Community Service in Australia is all about providing support and assistance to the public. Community Access Support services is one of the largest industry areas within the country.
Community support and assistance services include public housing and welfare, financial support as well as managing emergencies.
Access to community service support can be in the form of acquiring information, practical know-how, advise or help or even a combination of services. Community services are generally free or well-priced and are offered by private or government bodies. Community services address the needs of:
- Senior Citizens
- Disabled people
- People in a crisis situation
- People with a specific health problem
Access to community services within your local area can be done via the following routes:
- Doctor or medical practitioner within your area
- Local community health centre
- Council in your locality
- Victorian Human Services Directory
- Government departments including – Department of Human Service, Department of Health and the Family Assistance office.
- Community portal website – which offers relevant information on government and non-government community services in the country.
It is also worth mentioning that within Australia, access to community services can happen in only six areas as of now which are as follows:
- Indigenous environmental health and population health
- Youth services and child protection
- Youth justice
- Community Services
Community access support services in Australia include activities that domestic as well as personal support and assist individual as well as family functioning.
For more details, visit now. http://sympacare.com.au/